“It’s Not Summer in Arizona without a Fire”
So the title of this post is a quote from a friend of mine here at home. And as awful as it sounds - it’s true.
Every single year we have a fire. Last year we had 3, the biggest one being Monument Fire which was so destructive and wide-spread that it even got coverage in a Danish newspaper in July 2012 (right before I left home for college). In about a few months, though, the state recovered and everyone else forgot about it.
But now we have four new fires competing for everyone’s attention. And this time, it’s an even bigger problem as some of these fires have actually come up from Mexico (or are on their way). If you’re interested to learn more look up:
School Canyon Fire, Sunflower Fire, Bull Flat Fire, and Gladiator Fire.
Even if you don’t want to look these up, please keep Arizona and Mexico in your prayers and thoughts, and also remember “Everyday day’s a gift - that’s why it’s called the present”.
Last Day in Lugano! Notices and More Tips for incoming Frankliners
It’s surreal, and I almost can’t believe it.
This time last year, I was going through my routines and thinking “None of this is real. In the morning I’ll wake up and they’ll tell me ‘Welcome to High School’. The last 4 years have all been a dream.” But, of course, they weren’t and then I went off for my first year of college, and now I’m going around in a daze again.I can’t believe it’s already been a year!
But all my sentimentality aside, here’s what you should know - especially if you are an incoming student for the fall semester at Franklin College Switzerland!
1) So I’m going back to the States tomorrow and will be in the air or at the airport until 23.00/ 11pm Arizona Mountain time. Then I’m going to sleep for an entire day. I will get back to answer questions and messages the following day. If you need me message me here or at @sujanie on twitter, or facebook (I’m on the class of 2016 page), or you can even reach me through youtube (SujanieinDreamland). If you want my skype or my e-mail just ask through a private message. ^.^
2) Very soon, the rest of the AM team and I will be uploading an introductory video to the Franklin College 2016 facebook page! We basically just want you to be able to match names to faces (and forgive us if we look like hot messes; we literally came out of our finals testing rooms and just filmed for you guys).
3) I’m so serious about not over-packing! 1 to 2 bags is enough! I promise you, you’re going to accumulate so much at Franklin, you will hate yourself at the end of the year when you have to pack and you have too much crap. DON’T DO IT!
4) Get your paperwork in early. There’s a lot of administration leaving and new people coming to fill the empty positions, so everything at Franklin is going to be hectic for the next few months. Save yourselves the trouble by taking care of your to-do’s today!
5) And finally from June 22 - June 25 I’m going to be a little slow in responding to anything as I will be traveling back to Korea to see family, friends, and take some summer courses. But June 26 everything should be up to speed again. Thanks for reading!